If you're looking to enjoy your conservatory every day of the year, then a Crystal Clear replacement tiled roof is the perfect solution. It is a brilliant way to revitalise your tired old conservatory and bring a new lease of life to your home. Creating a new space which isn’t just more desirable, but more importantly a comfortable usable space you can enjoy all year round with a host of extras and finishes available. The solid roof keeps a conservatory warm in the winter season and cooler in the summer, making it a valuable additional living space that can be used all year round. We can replace your existing conservatory roof or start a new. With plenty of roof styles available and added options like velux windows, we can help you every step of the way.
Not all tiled roof systems are the same! Crystal Clear offer the only complete replacement conservatory roof available, that has a Building Control Certification.
A solid tiled conservatory roof ensures that your living space retains heat in the winter and gives additional energy efficiency. With its structural excellence the solid tiled Conservatory roof can accommodate windows allowing ample light in and additional ventilation in the summer.
- Roof U-Value 0.16
- Quick and easy installation
- Roof vents and windows can be incorporated
- Choice of tile colours: red, ebony or burnt umber
- Choice of internal finish: Plaster finish or timber or UPVC clad
- Increases BER rating to keep heating costs down
- Ideal for Victorian, Edwardian, Lean-To and Gable roof styles
- Accommodates down-lighters and lighting
- Adds year round versatility to any conservatory, sunroom or extension
Can you just take the roof off my existing conservatory and replace it?
Depending on a site visit, we will asses the age and construction of your conservatory to check suitability. We have a team of experienced fitters who can design and professionally fit a new solid roof to an existing conservatory, plus add the internal finishing touches, creating you a beautiful and practical room to be proud of for years to come.
If I buy a conservatory from you, can I have a solid roof added instead of the clear one?
Yes of course, all our conservatory builds are bespoke installations so we will discuss with you how you want to use the conservatory and if a solid roof will enhance and improve usability for you, then we will suggest this. A conservatory solid roof makes the space a more usable room year round, so we always like to offer this option to our customers. Call us today on 01757 638900 to arrange a site vist and we will discuss options with you.
Is the tiled roof energy efficient?
Manufactured using high performance metrolites, the tiled conservatory roof is classed as a warm roof construction. It is insulated to full Building Control standard achieving a u value of 0.16w/mk. The insulation consists of 40mm superquilt and 60mm PIR insulation in all foil-backed plasterboard applications. The same insulation is used in a timber finish ceiling but a vapour controlled layer is also needed with this.
Do I need planning permission?
Planning permission is not required provided that:
1. The ground area covered by the extension and any other buildings within the boundary of the property, excluding the original house, is not more than half the total area of the property.
2. Any part of the extension is not higher than the highest part of the roof of the existing house.
3. The eaves of the extension are not higher than the eaves of the existing house.
4. Any part of the extension does not extend beyond any wall facing a road if it forms the principal or side elevation of the original house..